Day 4 - Long ride to Rotterdam
Probably the longest ride this year but I couldn't resist first riding into Antwerp Central Station and ended up riding around the zoo as well. It was just a lovely sunny day.
Many roadworks around Antwerp and as I crossing a busy bridge I meet this OAP who's riding to Putte at the Dutch border for a cuppa. So I followed him steadily all the way to Putte and even deviated to ride along the rail line which was very nice but probably made my journey even longer.
The good thing is he knows the line to take across towns.
Stopped for a nice lunch at Brasserie de Berk which was about half way but another 60km to go... I'm pretty sure I dozed off for 10mins on the comfy couch.
Many roadworks around Antwerp and as I crossing a busy bridge I meet this OAP who's riding to Putte at the Dutch border for a cuppa. So I followed him steadily all the way to Putte and even deviated to ride along the rail line which was very nice but probably made my journey even longer.
The good thing is he knows the line to take across towns.
Stopped for a nice lunch at Brasserie de Berk which was about half way but another 60km to go... I'm pretty sure I dozed off for 10mins on the comfy couch.
Signs and markings for cycle lanes are poor in Holland. This looks like single lane but has trucks and cars and bikes going both ways! Quite scary stuff.
Enormous relief to see and cross the Erasmus Bridge! So looking forward to my rest day tomorrow.






Comments
Post a Comment